![]() |
| The World of Jane Austen |
When the weather is too cold or too wet to enjoy being outside, I like to spend my leisure time reading or solving puzzles. Over the winter, I discovered a series of jigsaw puzzles that combine my love of both. These puzzles are filled with clues to a particular author's works. They inspired a poem of my own.
Life is like a jigsaw puzzle
Without a picture on the box
A thousand different pieces
Intriguing keys missing their locks
The challenge seems overwhelming
Until the outer frame is set
Search to locate God’s straight edges
Connect them first, is your best bet
Once you’ve set your boundaries
The inside pieces start to fit
A picture begins to emerge
A pattern that is definite
There will be many stops and starts
Miscalculations on the way
Mixing shades of light and darkness
Frustrating areas of gray
Finally, the big day will come
Life’s puzzle finished at last
No more questions, only answers
A reason for the things that passed
The first of these I did and my personal favorite is in a little different style. It is set in Agatha Christie's library at Greenways. I got to sit in this room when I toured her estate. It wasn't quite this cluttered.
![]() |
| The World of Agatha Christie |




No comments:
Post a Comment