Sunday, March 17, 2024

Limerick Time

Cody and Cassie


I'm not a natural limerick writer so when a Poetry Challenge asked me for one, I was initially stumped. I paced the floor looking for inspiration. I glanced out of the window and saw flying dirt and a wagging tail sticking out of the ground. My digger dog, Cassie, was at it again.

Cassie

There was a wee dog named Cassie
Whose disposition was sassy
She dug a deep hole
Imitating a mole
And came up in Tallahassee

The Cassie limerick did well in the Challenge and I found myself reciting it to her often. It felt like had I left her brother Cody out, so I wrote another for him.

Cody


There was a pup named Cody Shane
Who always barked at snow and rain
He liked to jump high
Right up to the sky
And nip at a passing airplane




Cody Shane & Cassandra Suzette






 




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Moon